IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager V1.0 helps thwart insider threats by tracking the use of privileged user credentials.
IBM Security Identity Manager helps you:
- Simplify and reduce cost of administration
- Password management supports user self-service, which can help vastly reduce help desk costs.
- Automated user lifecycle management provides entitlements for users much more quickly over manual provisioning, and can reduce costs of updating user entitlements upon job change.
- Bulk user access recertification allows managers to quickly make access decisions by certifying roles, accounts, and groups all at once.
- Role lifecycle management can streamline the role structure approval process and can reduce errors when validating access with the business.
- Enhance security and compliance through implementation of strong password policies and establishment of preventative separation of duties policies that manage access conflicts
IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager V1.0
This new solution includes IBM Security Identity Manager V6.0 and IBM Security Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On V8.2 capabilities for licensed privileged users. You get privileged user entitlement provisioning, strong password management policies, and support for all IBM Security Identity Manager adapter endpoints. IBM Security Privileged Identity Manager helps thwart insider threat by tracking the use of user credentials having elevated access privileges.
It also provides:
- An encrypted credential vault providing controlled check-out and check-in of shared IDs for entitled users.
- Automated login with available strong authentication that delivers an additional level of assurance while hiding the current password from the end user.
- User activity logging that contains an audit trail on use of privileged credentials.
- Password update capability, after use, upon check-in, to help ensure it is not written down and reused outside the governance structure.
IBM Security Identity Manager V6.0 (formerly known as IBM Tivoli® Identity Manager) is an automated and policy-based solution that manages user access across IT environments, helping to drive effective identity management and governance across the enterprise. Through the use of roles, accounts, and access permissions, it helps automate the creation, modification, and termination of user privileges throughout the entire user lifecycle. IBM Security Identity Manager can help increase user efficiency, reduce IT administration costs, enforce security, and manage compliance.
The new key features of IBM Security Identity Manager V6.0 help improve usability and performance. They include role management enhancements, improved self-monitoring and troubleshooting, performance enhancements, an IBM Cognos® data model for custom reporting (available in the Integrated Service Management Library), and a new mobile application for manager request approvals.
For more information, click here.