The IBM InfoSphere Guardium products provide a simple, robust solution designed to prevent unauthorized data access, changes, and leaks from databases and files, helping to ensure the integrity of information in the data center and automate compliance controls.
They are designed to secure and continuously monitor access to data in enterprise databases, data warehouses, file shares, document-sharing solutions, and big data environments such as Hadoop. Additionally, they are designed to assist you to enforce your policies for sensitive data access across the enterprise using a scalable platform.
A centralized audit repository designed to maximize security, combined with an integrated application that automates compliance workflow, enables the products to help you streamline compliance validation activities across a wide variety of mandates.
InfoSphere Guardium products can help you:
Monitor data activity and protect sensitive data by:
- Automatically locating databases and discovering and classifying sensitive information within them
- Enabling high visibility at a granular level into database, file share, warehousing, document-sharing, and Hadoop transactions that involve sensitive data
- Tracking activities of end users who access data indirectly through enterprise applications
- Monitoring and enforcing a wide range of policies, including sensitive data access, database change control, and privileged user actions
- Creating a single, secure centralized audit repository for large numbers of heterogeneous systems and databases
- Automating the entire compliance auditing process, including creating and distributing reports as well as capturing comments and signatures
Harden database infrastructure against vulnerabilities by:
- Automatically assessing database vulnerabilities and configuration flaws
- Locking down configurations after recommended changes are implemented
- Discovering existing entitlements to data to assess appropriate access rights
The InfoSphere Guardium solution is designed for ease of use and scalability. It can be configured for a single data repository or a large number of heterogeneous data sources located across the enterprise. It uses integration with IT management and other security management solutions designed to enable comprehensive data protection across the enterprise.
This solution is available as preconfigured hardware appliances shipped by IBM or as software appliances that may be installed on your platform. Optional features can easily be added to your system after installation.
For more information, click here.