IBM Security Access Manager V7.0 (formerly known as IBM Tivoli Access Manager for e-business) is a converged user access and application protection solution that serves as an authentication and authorization hub for web applications and centralized security management, designed to make it easier and more cost effective to deploy secure online applications.
IBM Security Access Manager can help you address the growing incidence of advanced web threats and risks associated with mobile, social, and cloud access while demonstrating compliance with security regulations. It can also help you manage growth and complexity of web application environments, control escalating management costs, and address the difficulties of implementing security policies across a wide range of web and application resources. IBM Security Access Manager works as a proxy in front of web applications to centrally manage web applications, or through authorization and authentication plug-ins added directly into a web server or application server.
- Built-in capability to help protect web applications against advanced threats such as cross-site scripting, SQL injection, and PHP file includes.
- Virtual appliance for the reverse-proxy (WebSEAL) component can help provide faster time to value and higher ROI through reduced operational costs.
- Context-aware access control enforcement via integration with IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager Business Gateway risk-based access capabilities.
- Single sign-on within an enterprise and also across business affiliates (when used in conjunction with IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager Business Gateway) to help increase user productivity and lower password management costs.
- Compliance capabilities through policy-based security for business applications, such as customer relationship management (CRM), business-to-business (B2B), business-to-customer (B2C), and employee portals.
- High scalability, availability, and performance with an included registry that supports millions of users in a single implementation.
What Is New
For the many new enhancements in IBM Security Access Manager V7.0, refer to the Description section for details.
IBM Security Web Gateway AMP 5100 V7.0 is a next generation web access management offering, in the form of a physical appliance, designed to provide access, authentication, and session management for web applications and helps protect those applications from external threats. IBM Security Web Gateway AMP 5100 includes a reverse HTTP proxy (WebSEAL) that is located between users and application servers. This proxy comes with its own policy server (managed via a local management interface) and LDAP registry, but clients can, and often will, use the co-requisite IBM Security Access Manager product as an alternate, easily managed external policy server, and IBM Directory Server as an external registry (or other supported external registry).
IBM Security Web Gateway AMP 5100 is highly scalable and configurable to support a wide variety of application environments.
Find more information here.