IBM SmartCloud Patch Management V8.2 bridges endpoint patch management with cloud computing by enhancing the configuration security of both traditional and cloud computing assets.
IBM SmartCloud Patch Management, combines the benefits of two of the IBM leading systems management solutions, and is an effective entry point to improve the management of physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
IBM SmartCloud Provisioning is a breakthrough platform that allows companies to get cloud computing enabled faster. It allows standardization of IT processes for new levels of operational efficiency, and it serves as a foundation for advanced cloud capabilities to provide end-to-end service management.
IBM Endpoint Manager for Patch Management is a centralized solution that enables unified management of patch compliance across your physical and virtual systems in near real time. The unified IBM endpoint management approach provides the benefits of unmatched visibility and control of your systems, regardless of context, location, or connectivity.
The increasingly rapid pace of business demands that organizations deliver services faster than ever, and being able to react with agility is key to survival in the changing competitive landscape. The benefits of cloud computing include rapid service delivery and lower operational costs. However, the adoption of a cloud model can lead to a variety of new challenges including standardization of tools, processes and services, centralization of resources, and increased security risks around data isolation, access control, and visibility of dynamic resources.
IBM SmartCloud™ Patch Management V8.2:
- Manages patches automatically for multiple operating systems and applications across physical and virtual servers regardless of location, connection type, or status
- Gains complete visibility of all endpoints and their configurations--Over 75% reduction in labor required to patch systems through Tivoli® Endpoint Manager's automated subscription download of the newest patches.
- Reduces security risks by reducing remediation cycles from weeks to hours, especially in development and test environments, where virtual machines that have not been patched increase the risk of hacking and virus exposure.
- Increases time-to-value with rapid scalable deployment designed to meet business growth with parallel provisioning of hundreds of virtual machines
- Improves performance with reliable, nonstop cloud computing capable of automatically tolerating and recovering from software and hardware failures
- Saves IT costs by automating provisioning operations and providing a service interface
- Reduces complexity through ease of implementation, use, and simplified cloud administration
For more information, click here.