MC SHOWCASE BUYER'S GUIDE
Optimize Performance, Disk Space and Spool File Management on your IBM i
Halcyon Advanced Automation Suite provides 24x7 monitoring of IBM i messages, threshold breaches, business applications, FTP activity, the security audit journal and the automatic management of important events and mission critical tasks. This software suite also includes three vital system management tools:
- Performance Analyzer - provides statistical and trend analysis as well as comprehensive performance monitoring, alerting and management capabilities. Monitor multiple systems and partitions and view both detailed and graphical results displayed in real-time using the graphical interface.
- Disk Space Manager - provides comprehensive analysis of all disk resources including the IFS. Quickly discover the cause of sudden increases in disk usage or unexpected decreases and easily locate objects that are no longer used, or are not being saved. Use the Disk Explorer graphical interface to view current and historical usage and analyze trends.
- Spool File Manager - makes the management of distributing and archiving spool files easy. Real-time spool file monitoring and filtering options can automatically override existing spool file attributes without the need for program changes. Use pre-defined, or your own custom scripts, to manipulate and extract data from within spool files to generate bespoke reports.
View the status of all alerts and systems through the Enterprise Console dashboard.
- Utilize our Performance GUI in your support area for a visible real-time display. Receive alerts if thresholds are breached
- Quickly identify resource grabbing jobs and/or users and take prompt, corrective action or let the system automatically resolve the issue
- Fully customizable Performance Viewer allows you to choose the colors for text and graphical displays
- Automates disk space management, freeing technical resources for other projects
- Manage disk space quickly and easily across your IBM i partitions using the Disk Explorer GUI. Analyze trends
- Free up disk space by not having to retain spool files directly on the system
- Comprehensive, real-time, spool file monitoring and filtering options can automatically override spool file attributes without any need for program changes
- Automatically email spool files to users for speed of distribution
- Monitor system critical messages and alert the appropriate personnel in a timely manner
- Shipped with common templates to monitor typical environments and critical business applications