MC SHOWCASE BUYER'S GUIDE
- Enterprise-strength data and application availability for transaction-heavy, multi-system, multi-CPU and clustered IBM i environments
- Robust role-swap capabilities
- Remote or local journaling
- Enables flexible replication topologies
- Supports advanced technologies such as MQ series, three-tiered applications and clustering
OMS/ODS for IBM i is an exceptionally flexible and scalable high availability solution designed for the transaction-heavy, multi-system and clustered IBM i (i5/OS) environments that are typical in large and global organizations. The high-throughput architecture of OMS/ODS is optimized for multi-CPU servers, supporting millions of transactions per minute. This provides peace of mind by virtually eliminating downtime and the business costs associated with it, and helping to assure business continuity regardless of the size of your organization or the complexity of your IT infrastructure. Available in two versions, OMS/ODS Professional replicates data and objects using either remote or local journaling to provide an industrial-strength, full-featured high availability solution for medium size businesses. OMS/ODS Enterprise delivers application and data protection for the most complex enterprises, with support for more advanced technologies such as MQ Series, three-tiered applications and clustering. It also enables flexible replication topologies, such as one-to-many, many-to-one or many-to-many.