Software News -
Written by IBM Corporation
Tuesday, 13 November 2012 12:17
IBM Platform Symphony V6.1 is an enterprise-class grid manager for running distributed application services on a scalable, shared, heterogeneous grid.
Platform Symphony can help you:
- Obtain higher-quality business results faster
- Reduce infrastructure and management costs
- Accelerate many types of Hadoop MapReduce workloads
- Combine compute- and data-intensive applications on a single shared platform
Features include the following:
- Ultrafast, low-latency grid scheduler
- Redesigned web interface
- Multicluster support for scalability to 100,000 cores
- Unique resource-sharing model that enables multitenancy with resource lending and borrowing for maximum efficiency
- Optimized, low-latency MapReduce implementation compatible with IBM InfoSphere® BigInsights™ and other big data solutions
Platform Symphony V6.1 now supports IBM Platform Analytics through the use of new data collectors for Symphony.
Perform capacity planning and chargeback accounting by analyzing how applications perform and how infrastructure is used.
Platform Symphony is available in four editions tailored to different business requirements.
- Platform Symphony Developer Edition: Build and test applications without the need for a full-scale grid.
- Platform Symphony Express® Edition: The ideal solution for departmental clusters.
- Platform Symphony Standard Edition: Enterprise-class performance and scalability.
- Platform Symphony Advanced Edition: Use for distributed compute- and data-intensive applications requiring Hadoop MapReduce.
Find more information here.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 November 2012 12:17