Free Help Desk Software
byon 02-25-2010 at 05:08 PM (990 Views)
There is a reason the IBM Power platform is incorporating three separate operating systems today--it lets you run so much more software!
Here is a free download of help-desk software that runs on Linux that any company with 100 computers or less can effectively deploy without charge--no trial period and no ads, according to the company (if you have more than 100, you may wish to get the full, paid edition of SysAid Help Desk).
SysAid Technologies (www.sysaid.com) is an Israel-based company that offers helpdesk software solutions and customer service support software. In April (28-30) it will host the first SysAid Technology Conference at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas with a keynote address from nine-time gold medal Olympic champion Carl Lewis, and a CIO panel on the future of IT led by John Dix, editor in chief of Network World.
The company recently released a new version of SysAid Free Help Desk Software that includes:
Download Linux version (http://www.ilient.com/download-linux.htm) 57.2 MB.
- A self-service portal so users can submit service requests through simple online forms
- Sort, search, and address service requests with SysAid's simple methodology
- Print help-desk status reports
- Communicate with users through live-chat
- Receive automatic notifications and keep users up to date with email or text message
- Use features such as escalation, automatic notification, and knowledgebase
- Manage and monitor your IT inventory
- Get free support and updates for six months
Download the Windows version (http://www.ilient.com/download.htm) 82 MB.
According to the company, SysAid's flagship product, SysAid IT, is now deployed by more than 60,000 companies and organizations in 127 countries across the globe. Could be worth a try.