I Spy: The House of Representatives Reacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Spy: The House of Representatives Reacts

** This thread discusses the article: I Spy: The House of Representatives Reacts **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: I Spy: The House of Representatives Reacts **

** This thread discusses the article: I Spy: The House of Representatives Reacts **
    I enjoyed the article and agree with the points, but am puzzled by the $900 'cost of protection' figure. First, the $200 for XP: that seems rather redundant since if we weren't using XP, we wouldn't have the problem to begin with! Second, why do we need "Office Professional to use Excel, Word, Access, etc.--$499"? Access especially is nothing but a virus magnet as far as I can tell, and I have uninstalled it on my home and office PCs without any ill effects.

Comment

Considering what might be a point of orgination for any intrusive software deemed to be illegal by this legislation, the effect may very well be the same as no legislation at all. I can just picture the justice department spending millions of dollars to track down spy software originating in Bulgaria, or Outer Mongolia. IMO, if the same time, energy, and budgetary considerations were spent on OS, and browser development such extraordinary means would not be necessary. Dave

Comment

Working...
      X