Email Server Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Server Error

This may be an information message. Check with the recipient to see if indeed the email did not arrive. In many cases a message of this nature does not necessarily indicate failure. OTOH if the email did not arrive the problem probably lies with the recipient, and not the AS400. You will have to work it out with their tech dept. Dave

Email Server Error

Hi David Thank you for your reply. I have checked if recipient receive email anyway but unfortunately the answer is no. I have rise the waiting time to 10 seconds but I still receive the email back saying "...too much traffic" Any other idea?! Regards Alex

Comment

Email Server Error

Hello, I need to send many emails from my as400 for marketing purpose. I have created a batch pgm that accomplish this job. But for some emails I receive an email back as follow (note I have change here the emails address with 'xxxx' for privacy reason): NOT ABLE TO DELIVER MAIL TO SOME/ALL RECIPIENTS. REPLY CODES WITH FIRST DIGIT = '4' OR '5' ARE ERROR REPLIES. ERRORS THAT DO NOT HAVE ERROR REPLY CODES MAY EXIST. HOST AS400 NOT ABLE TO DELIVER MAIL TO FOLLOWING RECIPIENT(S): ERROR IN BATCH SMTP COMMAND SEQUENCE. MAIL FROM: 550 MAIL FROM:<> [xx.xxx.xxx.xx] blocked - Too much traffic from this address. I have also delayed job with "dlyjob dly(5)" but nothing has change. Can someone help me to resolve this drawback?? Thank you Best Regards Alex

Comment

Email Server Error

If I read this correctly the problem does not reside on the 400. Tell the recipient to "Whitelist" anything coming from your address, and to lift any restrictions. The message you are getting appears to be originating from their server, not yours. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X