Can Not Resolve Remost Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Not Resolve Remost Address

Ron, Is the PC running a Windows NT based OS (NT,2000,XP)? If so, I believe you need to use the LMHOSTS file, not the Hosts file. Bill > I am trying to connect to a new iseries running V5R2. > I can ping back and forth from my PC to iseries but can not connect through 'iseries access for Windows'. I get error message CWBCO1004 Remote Address could not be resolved. > I have the host name set up in TCP/IP interfaces. > I even put the host name in windows HOSTS file. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

I am trying to connect to a new iseries running V5R2. I can ping back and forth from my PC to iseries but can not connect through 'iseries access for Windows'. I get error message CWBCO1004 Remote Address could not be resolved. I have the host name set up in TCP/IP interfaces. I even put the host name in windows HOSTS file. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Comment

Bill It's running WIN/98

Comment

Ron, Are you pinging to an address or a name? Bill > I am trying to connect to a new iseries running V5R2. > I can ping back and forth from my PC to iseries but can not connect through 'iseries access for Windows'. I get error message CWBCO1004 Remote Address could not be resolved. > I have the host name set up in TCP/IP interfaces. > I even put the host name in windows HOSTS file. Can anyone tell me what I am missing?

Comment

Working...
        X