Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Source Code for iSeries

** This thread discusses the article: Open-Source Code for iSeries **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Open-Source Code for iSeries **

Open-Source Code for iSeries

Hi Victoria, I was searching for something on your site, RPGIV Java garbage collection if you can believe it, and came up with this article. You mentioned the iSeries-toolkit under a heading that says: But until recently, it seemed that this groups primary objective had been to create an index of the growing number of free software packages for the iSeries. Open source is about collaboration, and you are right many open source sites are simply a list of utilities. That is not the case with the iSeries-toolkit project. The iSeries-toolkit provides a set of collaboration tools and is really much more than an index of free software. Those tools include bug reporting and tracking, feature request reporting and tracking, download servers, source change tracking, email notification of updates, etc. Those tools are very powerful. For example, yesterday someone reported a bug that I entered in the Retrieve Job Stack module. A bug report was entered sending an automatic email to the programmer. A patch was then created fixing that addressed the problem. I have been working with several open source projects and the iSeries community has a long way to go but we have to start somewhere. Thanks for print the article. David Morris

Comment

Open-Source Code for iSeries

I have tried clicking on several of the links, they don't work

Comment

Working...
      X