• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The iSeries Goes Open Source

** This thread discusses the article: The iSeries Goes Open Source **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: The iSeries Goes Open Source0

The iSeries Goes Open Source

I added a driver for MS Access databases, and updated the documents accordingly. This includes a small MS Access database, and a simple test program that allows you to access that database from the iSeries. The point is that with just minor modifications, you should be able to access any MS Access database anywhere on your network from your iSeries. This is pretty cool stuff. Unfortunately, SourceForge is currently down again (for "maintenance") and I don't know when the updates will be available for anonymous download. I'll update the status of this page tomorrow morning or whenever the updates are available, whichever comes first. If the updates aren't available, I'll make a ZIP file available on my website and post a link here. Joe

Comment

And the updates have landed! So you can now download the latest and greatest from the server. If you follow the article and set up a project in WDSC, you'll have no problems. If you want to do just download the binaries and run the test program, you can do that as well, but it's a little trickier. And since the project is in such an early state, the binaries aren't going to do you a lot of good yet, anyway, so I suggest a WDSC project. Joe

Comment

I'm still not sure how SourceForge distributes changes. The live repository that Robert and I use to work on the product doesn't seem to be entirely in sync with the one that can be accessed anonymously via pserver. That being the case, there's one file missing in the anonymous (pserver) repository, which is a binary JAR file. Within the next couple of releases we'll have a real set of binaries to download, but for now I'll just make the JAR file available from my website. You can download the JAR directly from the following URL: http://www.plutabrothers.com/PBDWeb/...s400bridge.jar Thanks! Joe

Comment

Sometime during the night (here in the Western Hemisphere) SourceForge completed its update, and the JAR file was added to the project. This is a binary JAR file to make it a little easier to set up the test in the OS400Bridge documentation. I'll be interested to hear if anybody else can get the test program running. It's really quite simple. Joe

Comment

Working...
          X