SMTP-mail, Error CPI9045 when sending mail via SNDDST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP-mail, Error CPI9045 when sending mail via SNDDST

Hallo, Hope there are somebody out there who can ansvear to this. I have searched the mailing-list withou any result. My problem is: I have made up a SMTP-configuration on our AS/400 (ver 4.5). I have followed a list of instructions which are avalible via this forum. Everything looks OK according to those instruction which are avalible, BUT I still get this error-message. __________________________________________________ _________________ Message ID . . . . . . : CPI9045 Severity . . . . . . . : 00 Message type . . . . . : Information Date sent . . . . . . : 01-03-02 Time sent . . . . . . : 09:19:50 Message . . . . : Distribution to user identifier *UNKNOWN *ANYMAIL failed. Cause . . . . . : The distribution was sent by user identifier(ID) KENBEN DEMONEN to user ID *UNKNOWN *ANYMAIL at 01-03-02 09:19:47. The distribution failed at System name DEMONEN System group with System Network Architecture Distribution Services (SNADS) condition code X'0005'. Common SNADS condition codes are: 0001-Routing error. Where route to the destination System name does not exist. 0002-Invalid user ID. Where the user ID does not exist in the distribution directory at the destination node. 0003-Hop count was exceeded. For other condition codes, refer to the manual Communications: Distributed __________________________________________________ __________________ This message comes right after I have got the confirmation which says "Send distribuation completed succesfully". What I find strange is that the message seems to be send från user KENBEN DEMONEN, which actually is my ID in the direcory, BUT when I send via SNDDST I do it with the following arguments: SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOUSRID((INTERNET SMTPRTE)) TOINTNET(('xxxxx.yyyyyyy@hotmail.com')) DSTD(TEST55) LONGMSG(TEST55) I thougt at least that the error-message would say that something went wrong wtih the user INTERNET SMTPRTE-user which I have set up and are using via SNDDST. I have somebody run into this before?? Regards Kenneth

I've never encountered this, the only documentation I found on it is at http://as400service.rochester.ibm.co...1402188625680b 0002037e/8943d3702dc35fac862567a9002c6f81. Are you sure the configurations are correct? From the link it looks like you are using SNADS to send the mail. I may be wrong, but I don't believe we use SNADS to send e-mail.

Comment

More information on configurating SMTP can be found href="http://as400service.rochester.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/0cf528a492c9b4a886 25680b0002037f/34879f5e413aa5cd8625697b0053f36a?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,SNDDST, SNADS">here.

Comment

David, Thanks for your help. The problem is I've already followed those posted links. As far as I know SNDDST is a command using SNADS. Kenneth

Comment

Hi Kenneth We had problems with mail being rejected by our "Exchange " server, and it was caused by the system directory entry of the sender having a domain name that was unacceptable. Once we changed the domain name to that of our "real" domain then everything was ok. This assumes that SNADS is set up correctly e.g. Remote Remote Opt Queue Name Queue Type Location Name Mode Name Net ID QSMTPQ *RPDS TCPIPLOC *NETATR *LOC

Comment

Ken, I would be interested in the information on setting up a mail server on the as/400. Can you direct me to where that information is or can be found? Thanks Mike W

Comment

Kenneth - When using SNDDST *LMSG, your command is SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOUSRID((INTERNET SMTPRTE)) TOINTNET(('xxxxx.yyyyyyy@hotmail.com')) DSTD(TEST55) LONGMSG(TEST55) but you don't need the TOUSRID parm so it should be SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET(('xxxxx.yyyyyyy@hotmail.com')) DSTD(TEST55) LONGMSG(TEST55) HTH, Steve

Comment

How is this done? I have the SMTP & POP3 servers set up. Which one should I use. I can use the SNDDST command and it says it sends a message to an internet address successfully, but the messages don't seem to go anywhere. D. Oestmann

Comment

Working...
                X