Model Number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Number?

Anyone happen to know offhand the model number of the 170 types? I know the model 150 is a 9401, just wondering what a 170 is. I'm trying to order PTFs (to try and address my TCP issues) and I don't have access to the box right now. I have the type and serial, but can't remember the model (or do I have that backwards and 170 is the model, and 94xx is the type?). Joe

Model Number?

Joe - Mine is a 9406. HTH, Steve

Comment

Model Number?

Our 170 is a 9406 - Processor Feature 2292 HTH

Comment

Model Number?

Anyone happen to know offhand the model number of the 170 types? Hmmmm. Doing a DSPSYSVAL QMODEL on our 170 shows model 170. The front nameplate says "TYPE 9406-170". Is it possible that the model is 9406? ==Scott==

Comment

Model Number?

. . . of course, that could be deceiving - my 720 is a 9402! Steve

Comment

Model Number?

Says who/what?

Comment

Model Number?

Sez WRKHDWRSC *PRC . . .
               Work with Processor Resources System: SDS40002 Type options, press Enter. 7=Display resource detail Opt Resource Type-Model Status Text CEC01 9402-720 Operational Main Card Enclosure 
              I believe it's because we upgraded to the 720 from a 9402 but it could be that I'm just to ignernt to know how to change it! :-) Steve

Comment

Model Number?

Joe, Why do you need the model number to order PTFs? You should be able to get them painlessly from: http://www.as400service.ibm.com/ Just select the fixes and updates link and enter your user and password. If you do not have one call IBM service. I can get the number for you when I get home if you need it. Another option is ECS (which for some reason does not require a password, just a valid account). Based on your recent posts and grumble, I am guessing you are ordering the CUM and the groups. The web site is a little awkward for this because it makes you order them one at a time, but it should take less than 5 minutes. David Morris

Comment

Model Number?

David, I have a simple fax that I use over and over again, and I include the model, type and serial number. Takes about 30 seconds, provided I have the info. I've used the online ordering, but just haven't been happy with it. The requirement, for example, to order things individually is pretty silly. If they want to make separate orders out of it, do that on THEIR end, not mine. While I admit that's a minor gripe, it's enough to annoy me and make me drop back to the tried and true fax method. Joe

Comment

Model Number?

Joe, In that case the model is 170, the type 9406 and the serial number you know. I am like you, I think it is stupid to have to go through the gyrations for groups and CUMS. For individual PTFs it isn't too bad. I did automate this whole procedure on my last system but the new 270 I got only had the built in async modem. I have programs that will parse the PTF cover letters and order the PTFs automatically. When I got it you could not use ECS, so I started using the online support method. When I get time, I will probably figure out the ECS thing on the new modem. David Morris

Comment

Model Number?

Unless they have changed it, ECS works on Synchronous only and not Asynchronous, maybe the modem can switch modes.

Comment

Working...
                      X