TechTip: Excel Flies Higher with JExcelApi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Excel Flies Higher with JExcelApi **
    You can use SQL2JXL to get data from a SqlServer and put them directly into an .xls in your iSeries. First, download a suitable driver like jTDS, an open source 100% pure Java (type 4) JDBC 3.0 driver for Microsoft SQL Server (6.5, 7, 2000 and 2005) from http://jtds.sourceforge.net/ and put it into the “/excel” folder of your iSeries. Then modify the SQL2JXL* as outlined below, recompile the SQL2JXL CMD, CLLE and the class and run the command: SQL2JXL SQLSTMT('select * from Northwind.DBO.Customers') TOXLS(…….) COLHDRS(*FLDNAM) DRIVER(*JTDS) RMTSYS(SQLServer) USER('…………') PASSWORD(‘…………..’) JDEBUG(*YES)
    Code

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Excel Flies Higher with JExcelApi **
      I'm using the SQL2POI utility and have a requirement to format numbers using comma for the decimal symbol and a period for the thousands separator. I tried changing the code to: style2d.setDataFormat(df.getFormat("#.##0,00")); but the resulting numeric cell value of 2 is being formated as 2.00000 instead of 2,00 Do I need to set a locale somewhere ? Any other ideas ? Thanks, Dave Senger

Comment

Working...
      X