Record Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Locks

Simply insert a DSPRCDLCK command (or a series of them) to display record locks for all the files involved, into the CL program. This allows the user to see and deal with any record locks before starting the process. You may want to include a mechanism that allows the user to loop back up and recheck all files again. A programming solution would be better if you have that option - but based on the way you asked the question, I assume you cannot modify the code for one reason or another. I hope this helped. Kevin

Record Locks

We frequently have issues with record locks in payroll when running an update CL. We would like to program something in the submitted CL that informs the user of any file locks so they can do the legwork and resubmit. I have looked at ALCOBJ, *EXCLRD, member *ALL and I can determine who has a file open for update, but other than writing a program, is there a way to find the locks and retrieve the user names and return them to the user who submitted the CL? Is there a better option than ALCOBJ?

Comment

Record Locks

A programming solution would be cleaner, but due to the number of files and programs involved, and our rigid Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, we are looking for a faster way. Your solution took less time. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X