X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading 6th file

Call a new CL Program and pass values between the two. Dave

Reading 6th file

6th file can be read or used in the same program.I mean that without calling the new program.

Comment

Reading 6th file

It can't be done. When your limited, your limited. This is why CL is not a great programming language. It's original purpose was as a program driver or preprocessor. We used to be able to declare only a single file and that was generally for a display file to capture dates or some other simple values for processing. Actually, when not creating a CL procedure, I think we are still stuck with one file. Tom.

Comment

Reading 6th file

"This is why CL is not a great programming language." It was never designed to be a full featured progamming language, but it does more than any other command language processor that exists! I agree with Dave. Actually, use a HLL (RPG, Cobol, etc.) to perform the input and call CL to perform processing.

Comment

Reading 6th file

We can decleare only 5 file in CLLE but if we want to read 6th file.how can be this possible? Thnaks for advance.

Comment

Reading 6th file

If you absolutely positevely have to read it with a CL program, you could try downloading this utility that let you open as many files as you want in CL. You'll need to be be registered tough to download the sources. You'll find the article at http://www.systeminetwork.com/article.cfm?id=7217 and you can download the source code for this utility for free from http://www.iseriesnetwork.com/nodere...Operations.zip. The database I/O commands are all basically "wrappers" for ILE C/400 I/O functions.
            Code

Comment

Working...
            X