Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Code/400 editor windows open with erratic sizes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code/400 editor windows open with erratic sizes?

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm running Code/400 on Windows 2000 on a pc with dual monitors. I'm finding that the various Code windows often open at strange sizes that are sometimes unusably small (can't see all the fields or buttons) and other times unnecessarily large. It looks as though something is saving the size of the last window and re-using this size for the next window opened? Particuarly annoying is when Code editor opens up in a window the same size as the file load/save progress window, so I have to drag it about or maximise it before use. The problem is not isolated to Code editor: I get the same with the Project Manager and Code Designer although seemingly not to the same extent. It may be that this is a problem of interaction with Matrox Quickdesk, but as far as I can see all the settings related to automatic saving of window locations etc. are turned off. No other software that I have installed seems to have this sort of problem. Any thoughts? Nick

Hi Nick. Are both monitors active at the same time? If they are: Are they configured the same? If not, I guess the PC could be having trouble identifying the correct character font set to use. -Mean 1

Comment

Yes, both monitors are active on separate graphics cards, giving an extended desktop area. Both are configured the same. I don't think it's a font problem - what I can see of the window contents is fine, just the size is wrong. Nick Mean 1 wrote: > Hi Nick. > > Are both monitors active at the same time? If they are: Are they configured the same? If not, I guess the PC could be having trouble identifying the correct character font set to use. > > -Mean 1

Comment

In order to always have my windows open at a consistent size I run a custom macro in profile.lx that does it on every open. In my macro I issue the command 'windowpos 125 75 600 500' (my preference for size and location) and have variations of this based on certain conditions. I describe some of this on my website in my VARPG tips section at http://www.penceland.com/program.html#varpg. Eric Pence nick falconer wrote: > Yes, both monitors are active on separate graphics cards, giving an extended desktop area. Both are configured the same. > > I don't think it's a font problem - what I can see of the window contents is fine, just the size is wrong. > > Nick > > Mean 1 wrote: > > > Hi Nick. > > > > Are both monitors active at the same time? If they are: Are they configured the same? If not, I guess the PC could be having trouble identifying the correct character font set to use. > > > > -Mean 1

Comment

Working...
        X