Weaving WebSphere: Version 5 Is Generally Unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weaving WebSphere: Version 5 Is Generally Unavailable

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: Version 5 Is Generally Unavailable **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Weaving WebSphere: Version 5 Is Generally Unavailable **

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: Version 5 Is Generally Unavailable **
    Joe, you hit the nail on the head. It's been over six weeks since I ordered WSDC 5.0, and I haven't heard a peep! Dave

Comment

I install Express on an iSeries a couple of weeks ago and was upset to find that they shipped WDSc4.0 with the product. That didn't make sense to me because all other platforms use WSSD 5.0 for administration. Anyway Alison Butterill had said at a local user group presentation to ask for WDSc5.0. We did and we got it. Unfortunately it still looks like the WSSD 5.0 administration perspective doesn't hook up to Express on the iSeries so you have to use the HTML administration. That's a bit confusing too because there are two HTML administration pages. One is available for all platforms and it is what comes up with http://yourdomain:2001 but then you have to click the link for the other HTML admin page. All in all, Express is working great. I'm doing a WAS 3.5 conversion and I've written a couple of Perl scripts to do most of the work for me.

Comment

For V5R1, there's SI08204 for the standard edition, and SI08245 for Advanced. For V5R2, they are SI08205 and SI08267. They became available late last week.

Comment

From the responses I'm getting on the mailing lists, two weeks seems to be about the norm for getting software, either WDSC or WASX. My order was finally placed on the 5th, so that means I should receive it by next Monday. Joe

Comment

Working...
          X