Which one cause record lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which one cause record lock

When you read a record from an update file, the record is locked until the update is done, or another record is read from the SAME file. Trying to read and/or update the record with another logical will cause a lock error.

Hi.. I have a program that was copied from Mr Kevins Vanderver single page subfile. The display file is refering to the physical using REFFLD keyword. I'm using the one physical for update and 2 logical. One logical for read and another is for update. When I try to CHAIN the logical for update, error message CPF5032 appear (I/O error CPF5032 was detected in file SFLPAYQYF (C G D F).) . It seems like I've locked myself up. How can this be happening? Which one caused the lock? The display, the files, the activation group? regards

Comment

If you're using a File that's open for update in the Read Loop that fills the SFL, then until the File gets to EOF, the last record you've read will always be locked (assuming you don't re-position etc). If this file must be both in update mode and used to fill the SFL, then avoid locking the record using one of the methods below. The N in the Half adjust field and the (N) Operation Extender will both do a read that does not lock the record. They can both be used with CHAIN (READE, READP etc) as well. But since the Record is not locked, you can't do an update based on that READ or CHAIN. An update would first require a locked READ or CHAIN of the record. Mike
      Code

Comment

Working...
      X