email to iSeries and parsing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email to iSeries and parsing it

The first step would be to configure either Domino, or a combination of the native SMTP and POP-3 servers on the AS/400. Dave

OK, those are set up. We sent a test email to an address on the AS/400. Where do I go to look at it? Is it in a file now that I can read?

Comment

You can either use MS Outlook or another program as a client, however if you want to inspect your mail on the AS/400 it is located in the IFS. The text portion is readable and may usually be found in IFS folder /QTCPTMM/SMTPBOX Dave

Comment

Please have a look at the following. JavaMail will work for you. The following link describes sending with sample source code and steps to install it, but also mentions receiving of email. Howto JavaMail Here is more from IBM. IBM JavaMail info And finally Sun's info. Suns JavaMail I hope this helps. Let us know

Comment

Hi, I have a project where we will be getting email messages from another company. These messages will contain information regarding cable locate information which we need to dispatch to our techs in the field so that they can go out and locate the buried cable. (We're a telephone company). My question is two fold. First, how do I best get the email message on to our iSeries? Second, how do I parse the email message so that I can extract the information that I need, (like phone #, name, address, special instructions etc.) into a file. (I can then read this file and create a "trouble ticket" in our customer care system to dispatch to the tech).

Comment

Here is some more info.. This link provides code and instructions to receive mail using JavaMail. Receive Mail Let us know if it works for you.

Comment

Working...
            X