Retrieve User Space API (QUSRTVUS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieve User Space API (QUSRTVUS)

JR, The problem most everyone has when beginning to program with the API's is that they define the integer fields incorrectly. Most make the mistake of defining the field like this: From To Dec FieldName 4b 0 myField Do either one of these: From To Dec FieldName 1 4b 0 myField 10u 0 myField Bill > Can anyone tell me this: If I want to send a Starting Position of 1 and a Length of Data 4 to this API, what do I have to put in the Parmaeters? It seems to translate it to Hex (maybe, not sure) cause I get an error when calling this API. The Size Value is outrageous. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me this: If I want to send a Starting Position of 1 and a Length of Data 4 to this API, what do I have to put in the Parmaeters? It seems to translate it to Hex (maybe, not sure) cause I get an error when calling this API. The Size Value is outrageous. Thanks in advance. JR

Comment

JR, You can always compare your code to the user space support found in the iSeries-toolkit. The USRSPC module contains an example of the prototypes necessary to call the user space APIs. The Storage Toolkit documentation gives some examples that store data in user spaces. David Morris

Comment

Working...
      X