X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set job CCSID ??

CHGJOB CCSID(62235) should do it... --buck

How to set job CCSID ??

I had already tried it but it did not work (nothing happs). Should i try following option: ChgSysVal QChrId Value(62235) SBMJOB CMD(CHGPF FILE(&L/&N) LANGID(62235)) JOB(&N) But i am not sure that what impact it will have on the system. Also i want this for testing a code, not want to disturbe the system settings. Is there any other option out. Thanks

Comment

How to set job CCSID ??

> I had already tried it but it did not work (nothing happs). I would not change the system value unless you understand all the ramifications. I am not entirely sure what the exact issue is. What CCSID are the files involved, the job and how are you trying to read them? You may have to post an example of what you are trying to do. --buck

Comment

How to set job CCSID ??

Plz go through following text: When Arabic and Hebrew support was added to the iSeries originally, the system was used in a stand alone environment. The designers of this support decided to store the Bidi data in a visual form. This means that the data is stored in memory like you would see it on the display or printer. When Arabic and Hebrew support was added to the PC systems, the designers of this support decided to store the Bidi data in a logical way. This means that the data is stored in memory in the order it is typed, not how it is displayed. To show this, here is a set of seven Arabic characters preceeded by 2 blank spaces. Arabic char not displayed ihgfedcba (Arabic translated 'visual') abcdefghi (Arabic translated 'logical') In this sample, the same characters are stored in memory as either "abcdefghi" (logical) or "ihgfedcba" (visual). However as time went on, customers began to interchange data back and forth between the iSeries and PC applications. They then discovered that even though the same characters were used, the data was not the same. The data needed to be logically reordered. For several releases, customers have requested that the iSeries address these issues and "do the correct processing" of Bidi data. To solve this situation, several new CCSIDs were created to allow the customer to tell the system what type of action they wished to occur. Beginning in V4R4M0, PTF(s) were made available to allow customers the option and time to transition to new CCSID behavior for Hebrew and Arabic CCSIDs. This behavior incorporates the concept of visual vs. logical. With the PTF(s) and now with base V5R1M0 (and later releases), the iSeries recognizes the behavior of CCSIDs such as 916, 1255, etc. I had given this text to make my position clear. Our product (application tool) uses as400 and VC++ (for visual display of application). We had a requirement and for taht we want to have display in Hebrew Language. We had V4R4 machine. And Client Access V5R1. Earlior we r not getting the proper display; then we had installed Client Access V5R1 and get the Font. Now we are getting the display in visual order (which probably is the reverse order). We want the Emulator to display the content in Logical Order. In the above text there is mention of "PTFs" in regard to visual vs logical data. Can u tell me that how can i achieve "logical data" in the emulator. I had read at some place that if we had unicode data then all this translation is not required, it gets translated by itself(As400). Hope u had answer. Thanks

Comment

How to set job CCSID ??

There are 2 herew CCSID on the iseries: One is 424 – it is EBCDIC VISUAL this is used now in harel. Another is 62235 – It is EBCDIC logical (tat is data is kept in an order similar to windows environment). The iseries performs some convertion on the server side if CCSID is different. How to set the job CCSID to 62235 so the server translates 424 (from the file) to 62235 (jo). If any body have any info in this regard please write it to me. Thanks

Comment

How to set job CCSID ??

> We had V4R4 machine. And Client Access V5R1. > Earlior we r not getting the proper display; then > we had installed Client Access V5R1 and get the Font. > Now we are getting the display in visual order > (which probably is the reverse order). > We want the Emulator to display the content in Logical Order. > > In the above text there is mention of "PTFs" in regard to visual vs logical data. > > Can u tell me that how can i achieve "logical data" in the emulator. Well this is clearer. I thought it was an RPG problem. With a machine at V4R4, I'm not surprised you're having problems with bidirectional character sets. I went to the IBM Support page and did a search on 'bidirectional bidi' and came up with this link: http://www-912.ibm.com/ImprovedSearc...n=frommasthead &scope=iSeries&q=bidirectional%20bidi (or http://tinyurl.com/6g3pm ) I suggest you download every PTF related to bidirectional support and read the Information Center references at the bottom of the page. I got to the support page by going to http://www.iseries.ibm.com and choosing the Support link, then General software (click Go at the top), then Search iSeries Support (left side, near the bottom) Good luck! --buck

Comment

Working...
            X