Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGI RPG IV--Getting Started

** This thread discusses the article: CGI RPG IV--Getting Started **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: CGI RPG IV--Getting Started **This is a discussion about CGI RPG IV--Getting Started.

Click here for the article.

CGI RPG IV--Getting Started

Bob, I liked your idea of the STDOUT wrapper to minimise the need for concatenations. However if you want to call it STDOUT and use the normal C Unix escape syntax (i.e. backslash) then it should probably be beefed up to support all the "escape_sequence_characters" (if not octal and hexadecimal too?). Like you said, a pity IBM didn't include this translation as part of their api (even as an optional parameter) . . from the C manual . . . .
    >____ _escape_sequence_character_ __________<< |_octal_constant____________| |_x__hexadecimal_constant___|
    Escape sequences Character Represented a Alert (bell  Backspace f Form feed (new page)
    New-line (IFSIO changes the value to 0x25
    Carriage return Horizontal tab v Vertical tab ' Single quotation mark " Double quotation mark ? Question mark Backslash Rod Orr (rorr@volante.com.au)

Comment

I noticed the above three copybooks are included in the module. Where do these come from?

Comment

Hence, the beauty of having the source.

Comment

The complete CGITOOLS *SRVPGM source code can be downloaded from: http://www.rpgiv.com/downloads/cgitools.html Thanks for the tip. I'll be adding a link to the supplemental downloads to the original page.

Comment

Thanks Bob that helps clears up some questions. Enjoying the article.

Comment

Working...
            X