Update Recordset to iSeries multi-member pf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update Recordset to iSeries multi-member pf

Diane Mueller wrote: > I have tested a simple program that reads data from an iSeries > multi-member pf. The data is then displayed in a VS2005 application > datagrid, all works fine until I try to do an update/delete on any > record within the datagrid - I receive the error > "DBConcurrencyException was unhandled". Diane, I can't comment specifically as to what the problem might be, but it sounds like it's at the PC side and not the iSeries side. One thing to do: WrkObjLck username *UsrPrf do this with the user profile name that the connection is created with. This should give you the communication job on the iSeries with which you can check it's joblog to see if there's a different or better error message listed there. Bill

Bill, Thanks for your thoughts. I've tracked down my job, running as QZDASOINIT, although nothing at all in the log to clue me into the problem. I am able to see that the correct files are in use, just can't seem to get the update going without the error. As I said, if I connect to the *first member in any file, I'm good - it's specifying the multi-member that gives me the issue. Again, thanks for your thoughts, I'll keep testing on this. Diane

Comment

Diane Mueller wrote: > Bill, > Thanks for your thoughts. I've tracked down my job, running as > QZDASOINIT, although nothing at all in the log to clue me into the > problem. And this points to the problem being at the PC end. Have you tried turning on the Logging function in the ODBC administrator applet? Bill

Comment

I am not sure whether you can use update/delete with an SQL Alias. However, if you create a logical view over a (each) member in the file you can issue update/delete.

Comment

Yes a logical or send a CMD to OVRDBF before the SQL statement. SQL doesn't operate nor have any concept of multi-member files. I have a feeling if you are using a datagrid that neither of these methods will give you the desired results you are looking for however.

Comment

I have tested a simple program that reads data from an iSeries multi-member pf. The data is then displayed in a VS2005 application datagrid, all works fine until I try to do an update/delete on any record within the datagrid - I receive the error "DBConcurrencyException was unhandled". I have finally come to realize, if I fill the datagrid with the *first member of the file, the updates/deletes work perfect. It is when trying to update/delete a member of the PF that I receive the error. I have created an alias for each member in the file, the select statement is based on my alias, the data appears in the datagrid, it is only with the updates/deletes that the error occurs. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
            Code

Comment

Working...
            X