SEU text color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEU text color

ami_as400 wrote: > Hi, > How to set the color of commented text in RPG/CL to white. Here's a utility to colorize seu: http://search400.techtarget.com/orig...865279,00.html Bill

SEU text color

I mapped my keboard to do by putting apl 22 in for the action IE for W under the Alt key --> Alt apl 22 to use press Alt W and press enter. Remember that this is going to take up a character space and it will appear as a blank

Comment

SEU text color

Hi. In order to update the RPG sources, you can do a simple CL with the lib/source file/source member as parameters - that makes an ovrdbf and launches a *qmqry that updates e.g. the second character of SRCDTA with the hex code of the desired color, where substr(SRCDTA, 7, 1) = '*'. Furthermore, if you want to do this for an entire library, you can write another CL that calls this one n times. But I have no idea how could this be implemented for the CLs (I tried once and I gave up - if you put the hex code before the beginning comment mark "/*", the compiler doesn't like it. If you put it after, you miss the color of the "/*" itself...).

Comment

SEU text color

You might try WDSC. It is a great editor and does not require special codes to be in the source. Those special codes also can cause problems for those of is that do use WDSC. I have had occasions where I was unable to do a copy past of a code section when special codes are included..

Comment

SEU text color

The utility Bill R points to looks like an ideal solution...if you are not a contractor working on someone else's system...but unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. I've seen a number of references to "apl 22", but I don't know what "apl" mean. Is this a text string?...or code for something else? Could someone please point me to documentation on what this means? After searching, I've seen several references that use the "apl" solution for CA/400, but my current customer uses Rumba. Would this work here? TIA.

Comment

SEU text color

ami_400, Try the following ILE RPG program. Create a source physical file called QRPGLESRC with an empty member. Then call the following program. It will create a "comment" record for each color type. Please make sure of your library list or just override the file and member before the call. Do NOT use this to "convert" a member. It will only create the default records. After the program runs, view the new member to see all of the color combinations. Then you can copy any of these records into your program via SEU. Hope this helps.
            Code

Comment

SEU text color

Hi, How to set the color of commented text in RPG/CL to white. Please advise. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X