• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antivirus Patch Released

** This thread discusses the article: Antivirus Patch Released **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Antivirus Patch Released **

Antivirus Patch Released

** This thread discusses the article: Antivirus Patch Released **
    Thomas, I agree with most of what you say. I'm old enough to have experienced many operating systems on a variety of computer systems since I first began programming computers in 1961. I am most amazed, however, that the business sector hasn't responded by refusing to install buggy software on PC's. They would never tolerate such inferior software on their mainframes. Let me offer you my tongue-in-cheek response that reaches a different conclusion than yours. I'm also old enough to remember the excitement of the circus tent being erected on an empty lot in town and watching the parade of animals, clowns, etc. Those clowns were most entertaining in their suits with mismatching patches and patches on top of patches. They entertained us by making simple tasks look difficult and outcomes that were surprisingly ridiculous. Thomas, you really should adjust your attitude! View PC software as the circus that has come to town. Sit back and enjoy it. Some day the circus will leave town, and we will all get down to business again with something new. Perhaps it will be Linux or some other new platform. Some day you will entertain your grandchildren and great-grandchildren with wild tales about the good old days in the early 2000's when PC software did wild and crazy things. Thomas, I always enjoy your articles. Keep it up. --Hank Kliewer, Rochester, Minnesota

Comment

Working...
    X