Microsoft Access to AS/400 connectivity using ODBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Access to AS/400 connectivity using ODBC

If I were trying to solve this problem, the very first thing I would do is make sure security auditing was turned on and run the DSPAUDJRNE command to search for Authority Failures (AF). This would pinpoint if the problem is actually an Authority Failure. Looking at the error text "Not authorized to object QADBKFLD in QSYS" tells me it just might be an authority problem but the AF journal entries would verify this and also tell you what the user profile having the problem really is. Scott

My company uses JD Edwards as their ERP platform in an AS/400 environment, and our department is heavily involved in extracting information from JDE (read-only) using ODBC methods. We are able to retrieve data from JDE using MS Query as an add-in to Excel; this works very well for us using an ODBC connection. We would also like to link JDE (and other AS/400 tables) to a Microsoft Access database using the same ODBC connection as is used with Excel, and are unable to do so. MS Access pass-through queries seem to work fine, but we want to use generic Access queries. The following error message occurs when trying to link to an AS/400 table within Access:[*]************************************************** ************************ ODBC--call failed. [IBM][iSeries Access ODBC Driver][DB2 UDB]SQL0551 - Not authorized to object QADBKFLD in QSYS type *FILE. (#-551)[*]************************************************** ************************ Our IT Dept. cannot solve this issue for us. Is this a case of security / user access rights, and do you know what can be done to solve this problem? Thanks for your help.

Comment

The possibility exists that this is an access problem not with your profile, but rather with the QUSER profile. Dave

Comment

Working...
      X