Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

snddst - Send distribution completed successfully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snddst - Send distribution completed successfully.

A successful completion of the SNDDST command only indicates that the send portion of E-mailing was successful. There are no indications within any DST (distribution) command as to to the successful reception of that e-mail. My guess is that either something is a miss with SMTP or MSF. Dave

There is a Journal (QZMF) that tracks all mail transactions (we only run POP3 -so it only tracks out going). These logs will show you - at the very least - if the error is occuring on the 400. What you will see using the DSPJRN for QZMF is a sequence number, a code (S), and the type (LG for normal or ER for error). You can use the selection criteria on the DSPJRN to only show Code = 'S' and Type's of 'ER' for the current receiver or the entire chain. I have not had the luxury of time to dig deeply into the error codes shown in the ER type records, but what you will see are one or more LG type records for each transmission attempt (the job name that initiates the SNDDST is also shown), you'll then get at least one record from the MSF (Mail Server Framework - I think that's what it stands for), possibly more. At that point,if you see an ER type record, that means it failed to leave the 400 (if your DASD is over your threashold - 90%+ e-mail functions start to shutdown). If you don't see an ER type record then the problem is probably outside of the 400. I hope this helps, if any one else can shed any light on the contents of the ER type or QMSF records listed in the QZMF journal it would be most helpful.

Comment

Another command to check outbound email is DSPDSTLOG (Display Distribution Services Log). Be sure to prompt with F4 for additional parameters, one of which is ENTTYP(*ERR) for errors. Also, check the Change SMTP Attributes (CHGSMTPA). The MAILROUTER parameter may need to be qualified with a mail server name verses the default of *NONE.

Comment

The problem with DSPDSTLOG, is that it is only a measurement of whether or not the message was sent successfully. Once sent, a determination can not be made whether or not the message was received. For instance if I SNDDST to ficticious.address@nowhere.xx the distribution log may state that the message was sent successfully. Dave

Comment

I don't know if SAMPLEB is still around since his original (and only) post was dated March 6. But in case he is still interested and looking at this thread... Here are some additional steps that might solve the problem. 1. Configure and start the QSNADS subsystem 2. QRYDST to check (and remove) congestion of distribution buffers 3. Verify that the internet address of the email server named in the SMTP attributes have been defined in the host table One last check is to talk to the LAN administrator. It is possible that he has not configured the email server to reroute email from this particular AS/400.

Comment

The snddst command completes, but no e-mail shows up in my e-mail box. I've read many threads on numerous sites regarding this problem--and I have yet to hear if anyone has resolved this same problem that I am having. The following has all been done---but still no mail. 1. IP and host name added to host table 2. Checked domain information--proper domain information listed (tried both with and without DNS address 3. smtp is set to autostart *yes and it is currently active 4. Internet has been added to system directory with an address of gateway, a system name of internet, and a preferred address of netusrid *ibm atcontxt) 5. Distribution attributes show route to smtp gateway user: internet address: gateway 6. I've ended *smtp 7. I've ended MSF 8. I've created the qtmsclean data area to clear any old messages 9. I've restarted *smtp 10.I've restarted MS 11.I've issued the command snddst many times to no avail. 12.I've checked the job logs for jobs QMSF and QTSMT* within the QSYSWRK subsystem--nothing shows any problems. 13.I've performed a wrklnk on '/QTCPTMM/MAIL' nothing is in there 14.I've been able to ping the mail server and get a response. 15.I have another AS/400 that has everything set up and the command works from there--just not on this box. Any ideas out there on where my mail is ending up?

Comment

Have you checked that your system distribution services are configured? e.g. if your directory entry is (Internet Gateway)with system name Internet: CFGDSTSRV - option 1 = You should have a queue QSMTPQ with type *RPDS and a remote system name of TCPIPLOC (system default I think) CFGDSTSRV - option 2 = You should have an entry for system Internet pointing to queue QSMTPQ. This sets up the SNADS (SNDDST) to SMTP gateway. Perhaps check your other system for comparion.

Comment

Working...
              X