MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Now that I've stopped crying, I can type a little. I am so sorry to hear this news. It really is a blow to all of us. I wish all you folks at MC the best of luck! (Gone off to cry some more) ==Scott==

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Shannon O'Donnell wrote: > This came as a complete surprise to everyone. IIR Publications decided > that MC wasn't making enough profit for them. That's not to say that > MC wasn't making any money, because it way. In fact, more than our > competition. However, for IIR Publications, from what I understand, > the profit just wasn't enough. One would think they would try to sell it instead of just shutting it down . . . -- -Jeff The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company. Unless I say so.

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Before this sight goes down, I just want to thank the staff at Midrange and to everyone else who participated on the boards. There are many many things you all helped me thru. Thanks for all of your insights and advice. I appreciate everyone taking the time to help each other out. This board and magazine will be greatly missed by our staff. Good luck to all. Pat

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Another good site is : http://www.ignite400.org/

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

This has to be the weirdest business decision I've ever seen. I don't think there's anything we can do about it, since it's their company and they can do with it what they want. Seems crazy to me to just walk away from a business that's still generating revenue and still has a pretty good rep, and even has interested suitors. But then again, I'm not a billionaire, so I guess there's some things I just don't understand. Yet! :-) I'd keep these forums going if I could, but it's their domain name, their user database, etc. If I had to guess, I'd say we have a few more weeks of these forums, since they are hosted offsite. Such a bummer... Oh yeah, and don't take this is yet another sign of the AS/400 market's eminent demise. It's the result of many poor business decisions such as the one we're all seeing now.

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

For some reason, I got a message back from the link and said it was undeliverable. Does anybody have IIR's website addy?

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

I am highly disappointed with your decision to axe the Midrange Computing family of Publications. Will you be replacing it with something better ?????? I fully valued and was reliant on MC for their great delivery of rich content and expert advice. This is very disturbing. Robert.

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Hello All, RJS Software Systems finds it unfortunate that IIR publications has made this sudden, drastic move to discontinue its AS/400 publications. We are a major magazine advertiser; thus, we are just as saddened and disappointed as every Midrange Computing subscriber. Due to this shocking news, RJS Software Systems Inc. has decided to open a FREE alternative newsgroup server for all existing Midrange Computing subscribers and all other AS/400 community members. The news server will be active by Monday, July 30th. We are essentially mirroring the same forums that currently exist on the Midrange Computing news server. Since Midrange Computing has announced their closure, we're not sure how much longer the Midrange Computing forums will be active, and we want to see this community continue to thrive. To access the new forums, point your newsgroup readers to our forum web address. The web address is: news.rjssoftware.com Please contact me directly with any questions, feedback or input on the new forums. RJS Software Systems looks forward to helping the AS/400 technical community by providing this FREE public service. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

I am honored to have worked for MC. It was my favorite mag when I was a programmer in the factory, and I never dreamed I'd ever be on staff. I am most indebted to the readers and forum participants (including the folks on the old MC-BBS), for teaching me so much through the years. I hope to continue to communicate with you through some other forum. Ted Holt

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Well, you've just turned the entire readership here off your new forum. Well done! Dave...

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

To all I worked with, emailed to and talked with becasue of my realtionship with MC Magazine, I will miss you all very much. I really enjoyed working with everyone here, they are fantastic people. AS/400 professionals rule. They are the nicest people on earth and I hope I find a way to stay in contact with all of you. For those that want to contact me, my email is harner@sqlthing.com and my web site is www.sqlthing.com and my phone is 904-292-9102 Best wishes to all of you Howard Arner

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

If MC was making money at all, that has to be considered a very strange decision indeed. All you have to do is pick up a copy of Wall Street Journal, Investor's Daily, or Barron's to see that profits, and earnings are universally down. IMO, the greater business concept would be to hold on to a money maker in bad times, to maximize profits in the good. Perhaps Bill Gates is talking to IIR. Dave

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Gee ... this just ruined my day. I guess I'll just say Thanks to everyone at Midrange Computing for everything. You have been such a GREAT AS/400 resource. Good luck to all the staff .... you will sure be missed. Jim Quinlan (very sad)

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

Perhaps Bill Gates is talking to IIR
                              Yeah, he want's to buy it so he can fire all the staff who use the abbreviation M$. Dave...

Comment

MC IS OUT OF BUSINESS

To all I worked with, emailed to and talked with becasue of my realtionship with MC Magazine, I will miss you all very much. I really enjoyed working with everyone here, they are fantastic people. AS/400 professionals rule. They are the nicest people on earth and I hope I find a way to stay in contact with all of you. For those that want to contact me, my email is harner@sqlthing.com and my web site is www.sqlthing.com and my phone is 904-292-9102 Best wishes to all of you Howard Arner

Comment

Working...
                                X