FTP SAVF AS400 to AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP SAVF AS400 to AS400

When moving a savefile from one AS400 to another AS400 the transfer works fine, however when executing the same FTP commands in batch from a source member, I get a file member error. Any ideas? ...+... 1 ...+... 2 ...+... 3 ...+... 4 ...+... 5 ...+... 6 ...+... 7 When executing FTP for a savefile interactively from AS400 to AS400, it works fine. However if the same commands are executed in batch from a sourcefile I get an error of file member not found. The same library/savefile exists on both systems. Any ideas?? 227 Entering Passive Mode (127,0,0,1,21,102). 150 Sending file to member DAYFTP in file DAYFTP in library FACTSAVFIL. Member DAYFTP in file DAYFTP in library FACTSAVFIL not found. 250 File transfer completed successfully. 226 ABOR subcommand received; no transfer in progress. Enter an FTP subcommand. > put factsavfil/dayftp 250 Now using naming format "0". 257 "FACTSAVFIL" is current library. 227 Entering Passive Mode (127,0,0,1,21,102). 150 Sending file to member DAYFTP in file DAYFTP in library FACTSAVFIL Member DAYFTP in file DAYFTP in library FACTSAVFIL not found. 250 File transfer completed successfully. 226 ABOR subcommand received; no transfer in progress. Enter an FTP subcommand.

FTP SAVF AS400 to AS400

Gregory - The 127,0,0,1 in the line "227 Entering Passive Mode (127,0,0,1,21,102)." appears that you are attempting to FTP to the loopback address. Please check your FTP config or source file to verify that you are using either the correct host name or IP address. HTH, Steve

Comment

FTP SAVF AS400 to AS400

OOPS! THANK YOU

Comment

SOS...Please help..

Hello,

I need some inputs as to how we can transfer data between two different AS400s by FTP and Save files. My company does nto have a change management tool and so they promote changes made in the application from the test server to production by this method. Is there any online resource from where i can get useful knowledge. Any pdf manula will also help a lot.

Please mail me at siddhartha.2007@gmail.com

Regards,
        Sid

Comment

Here's a page with a summary tips for data transfers and methods to consider below.
          All this and more is found at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...v5r4/index.jsp
          Just search for SAVF. (Hint: Use your current release v?r? to find your appropriate link) Good Luck!

Data transfer methods
          Before you begin to transfer files, you must choose the appropriate file transfer type. You can use the default type, ASCII, or specify a different type such as EBDCIC or BINARY.

ASCII is the Internet standard for character encoding. EBCDIC is the standard for the i5/OS® operating system. Select the appropriate type according to the following descriptions:

Use ASCII for transfers of files that only contain text ("text-only" files).
          Use EBCDIC to transfer EBCDIC data between systems that both support EBCDIC. This will avoid the need to convert data between EBCDIC and ASCII on both systems.
          Use BINARY for transfers of nontext files, such as binary numeric data, graphics files, and i5/OS save files.
          After you have chosen a file transfer format, you are ready to Transfer a file with FTP.

Transferring files that contain packed decimal data between System i platforms
          The transfer of packed decimal or zoned decimal data is supported between System i™ platforms. To complete such a transfer, you need to use either a transfer type of TYPE I (BINARY) or TYPE E (EBCDIC) with a transmission mode of BLOCK.
          Transferring *SAVF files
          Because *SAVF files must be sent as images, you must issue FTP BINARY subcommand before transferring these types of files.
          Transferring QDLS documents
          When a QDLS document is transferred, the QDLS directory entry attribute that indicates the default type of document is set to the document type PCFILE on the receiving system for all document types except revisable-form text (RFT) documents.
          Transferring root, QOpenSys, QDLS, and QOPT files
          You must use stream mode (MODE S) and file structure (STRUCT F) when transferring files in the root, QOpenSys, QDLS, and QOPT file systems.
          Transferring files using QfileSvr.400
          The QFileSvr.400 file system provides access to other file systems on a remote system.
          Transferring QSYS.LIB files
          This topic discusses the FTP operations in the stream transfer mode and the image transfer mode for the QSYS.LIB file system.
          Considerations for creating files before transferring them into QSYS.LIB
          It is suggested that you create any files before transferring them into the QSYS.LIB file system. This is the best method of ensuring that your data is transferred reliably and effectively with optimal performance and integrity.
          Coded character set identifier conversions
          The i5/OS operating system uses coded character set identifier (CCSID) information to interpret the input data and to provide the output data in the correct format for display. The input might be American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII) or Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code (EBCDIC).
          Parent topic: File Transfer Protocol reference information
          Related tasks

Transferring files with File Transfer Protocol
          Related reference

ASCII (Change File Type to ASCII)
          EBCDIC (Change File Type to EBCDIC)
          BINARY (Set Transfer Type to Image)

Comment

Working...
          X