SNDNETF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNDNETF

We use SNDNETF to send save files from our production box to our test box. We suddenly are getting the File Sent message but nothing is being received. QSNADS is active on both boxes. We recently upgraded the test box tp V4R4 but are still on V4R3 on the production box - anyboby know if there's a compatibility problem?

SNDNETF

Did you look at the distribution queue to see if the file actually left? Or failed?

Comment

SNDNETF

Nothing showed up in the DSTQ - I'm bepuzzled.

Comment

SNDNETF

Try putting the send queue on hold to ensure that you're actually making it into the queue.

Comment

SNDNETF

Thanks Jeff - good thinking - I did and it isn't - I'll tackle the problem from that angle.

Comment

SNDNETF

If that didn't fix the problem, make sure the QSNADS subsystem is running on the receiving system. I've seen the symptoms you describe many times when it wasn't.

Comment

SNDNETF

An AS/400 will refuse to accept new data from a number of sources (including SNADS) if the Auxilliary storage usage in ASP 1 exceeds the Auxilliary Storage threshhold (set in work with Disks in the System Service tools). Are you getting any of those scary "Potentially Critical Storage Condition. Please press help." messages? jte

Comment

SNDNETF

Hi Bill, The distribution log is a good source of information when dealing with SNADS distributions; try the DSPDSTLOG command for the time-interval in question and see what messages it has logged. Best regards, Carsten Flensburg

Comment

SNDNETF

I like Carsten's answer the best. DSPDSTLOG. jte

Comment

SNDNETF

Thanks all for your excellent suggestions. I had verified that QSNADS was running on both boxes and had put a hold on the send queue, sent another NETF and there was nothing in the send queue. I tried sending yet another NETF this morning - Lo and Behold, it (along with about twelve others I'd sent over the last few days) made it through. Now I'm REALLY confused, but all is now well. Is there a system value that will only allow SNDNETF during certain phases of the moon? Thx again everyone. Bill Adams

Comment

SNDNETF

Sounds as if you did an IPL during the night which started the subsystems including the QSNADS and printing started. Your DSPDSTLOG should tell you what is going on and whether or not your files are sent and the system sent to. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X