Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving Spool file to PC without using any software.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Spool file to PC without using any software.

Is there anyway to do this by ftp? How can you move a spool file into the IFS or shared folder?

If you don't care that your Spool file will be in Text format once it's on your PC you can use Operations Navigator. Look under "Basic Operations", "Printer Output", then "drag" the spool file you want to your PC desktop. I wish IBM could make it so you could drag it back.

Comment

I use a CPYSPLF to a flat file and then FTP the flat file to a PC web server. We do it every night for our error reports. The users can view them or print them out. Our error reports are fairly small - usually less than 50 pages. Try it and ask your users if they find it acceptable. It doesn't have to be a web server - it can be a network drive, too. As long they know where to find it.

Comment

When I try this I get file system error(1026). Any suggestions as to why?

Comment

If you decide to automate the downloading of spool files to different formats and are willing to use vendor software to do so, check out our WinSpool/400 report download products. For more information, please contact me via Email or visit our web site. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Phn: 612-822-0412 Fax: 612-822-1364 Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

Working...
          X