Duplex printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplex printing

Can anyone offer advice on a Duplexing problem? Printers being used are: IBM 4317 & 4028, Decision Data 4039. All directly linked to Controller on the 400..no TCP/IP involved, Duplex = *Yes on all and all are AFP ready. We have been printing NON DUPLEX Invoices in fist and second page format to customers using AFP for sometime. They print on paper with the Company Logo water mark on it(front side only), and a stub on the bottom for the customer to return to us with payment. The first page holds the detail of the invoice (with the stub for return), and the second page just holds more descriptive detail. We always have 2 or 3 pages, no more. If we add Duplex to our Print file compile, they do Duplex, but the Back of the duplex (which should be the blank side) now prints on the Company Logo side(which is wrong), and the Front of the Duplex shows the first page and is on the blank side. The whole page also flips and the stub is at the top. If we switch the paper around in the printer, we can get the first page to print right side up with the stub on the bottom and on the company logo, and the second page on the back without the logo which is correct. We tried doing rotating but stuff is still funky. Has anyone been successful in duplexing and am I missing some settings in my Printfile that would take care of this?

Duplex printing

Is the logo an overlay?? You can specify that you only want the overlay on the front.. I'll check further.

Comment

Duplex printing

Vicki, I am not using the same type of printer, but I usually use DUPLEX(*TUMBLE). The help text says: The output is printed on both sides of the paper, with the top of one printed page at the opposite end from the top of the other printed page. This is usually used for printed output that is bound at the top of the sheet. David Morris

Comment

Working...
      X