Creating pagseg for 100,000 images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating pagseg for 100,000 images

I have about 100,000 .JPG or .GIF to convert to page segments and of course cannot possibly do them manually 1 by 1. I would think there would be a software product to do this in an automated way. Any help would be appreciated. The IBM support group was not of any help.

A conversion program called Hijaak allows you to batch images together into groups. These images in these groups can be converted to IOCA files, and saved in a folder on your AS/400. I suppose you could write some code on the 400 to gather up all the .ica file names and run them through the CVTPCDPAGS command to create your page segments. Hope this gives you some useful ideas.

Comment

You could write some sort of process in VB to utilize the CA/400 AFP Print Drivers to print the images to a page segment file and then you could write an upload process to upload the page segment output to the AS/400. If the images are TIFF images you can use the Eastman Imaging OCX controls for the image printing process. You could also use the Leadtools OCX controls as well. If you need some commercial consulting help with this project, please contact me via email and we can discuss your needs, otherwise check out the Eastman OCX controls and the AFP print drivers. Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

Working...
      X