file transfer for sys/36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• file transfer for sys/36

can anyone help I need to get the contents of two 8in disks on to 5.5 disks or tapes this is for 5251/11 emulation software, the only sys 36 I have are 5363 with a 5.5 disk drive and a tape drive and a 5364 also with a 5.5 disk drive. many thanks for any help.

file transfer for sys/36

Do you have an 8" diskette drive? If not, my former employer may be able to help. It would be a billable service, but if you are interested leave a post and I will give you the phone number.

Comment

file transfer for sys/36

AFAIK you have two options: 1.) You may be able to hook a S/36 compatible QIC drive to your 5363 and 5364. 2.) You will have to use an outside conversion service to change media. Dave

Comment

file transfer for sys/36

thankyou for your reply no i do not have an 8in disk drive but i do need this software on a 5.5 disk or tape, I can be e-mailed on 113125.247@compuserve.com regards charles

Comment

file transfer for sys/36

There is a magazine called "Processor" that is a newsrag devoted to VAR, and OEM advertisements for new and used equipment. Dave

Comment

file transfer for sys/36

thanks dave for that info but I think that option 2 may be the better idea but i dont know any companys that can do a media copy/change for me, do you ? regards charles

Comment

file transfer for sys/36

I can give you the name of a local service in our town that used to have an 8 to 5 inch diskette converter, and probably still do. my email is jolee@computerpower.com

Comment

file transfer for sys/36

Charles - I was unable to send you an E-mail at that address. If you still need info, try E-mailing me at julie.ewald@pcshs.com. Julie

Comment

Working...
                X