ODBC using NAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODBC using NAT

I am attempting to setup ODBC access to our 400 via the internet. On our internet gateway, which is a Win2000 Advanced Server box, I have setup network address translation and am using port routing to point ports 449 and 8470-8477 to the 400. I have verified that port routing will work for a web page rerouted to an http server, but I cannot establish a connection through ODBC, any attempts time out. Does anybody know if I am routing the correct ports and if so is there any trick to setting up the Client Access ODBC driver on the remote machine? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Derek Binkley CustomCall Data Systems, Inc.

ODBC using NAT

From your description, I don't think you are reaching the AS/400 at all. Are you able to ping the AS/400 IP address from the remote PC? Dave

Comment

ODBC using NAT

The AS/400 does not have a global IP address only one which is valid on our LAN. So, we can't ping its IP address from the remote PC. We were hoping to use the Network Address Translation to get around this by routing only the ODBC traffic to the AS/400.

Comment

Working...
      X