Port # for ODBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port # for ODBC

Does anyone know the port # on the AS/400 used for an odbc connection? I need to allow an ODBC connection to connect through a router. TIA

Port # for ODBC

I'm kind of guessing, look at WRKSRVTBLE and you will see all the service table entries. I don't know which one applies to ODBC, maybe as-database on port 8471 or as-file on 8473 or sqlserv on 118. I think the answer is in that table somewhere but might take some experimenting. You can also do WRKTCPSTS option 3 to see who is connected to what over TCP. If you can make a connection you may be able to find it here to see what service it connects to. Hope this helps, Scott Mildenberger

Comment

Port # for ODBC

Greg - As Scott suggested, ODBC comes thru port 8471 (9471 if you use SSL) but you might have to open other ports between 8470 and 8477 in order to provide license and system info to the ODBC client. HTH, Steve

Comment

Port # for ODBC

Thanks Steve and Scott, The info is a big help, we only want to configure the router once. Greg

Comment

Port # for ODBC

FYI - port 449 for the svrmaper needs to be opened up as well. This is for the original connection. It is also needed for simple telnet connection using client access pc5250 session. Greg

Comment

Working...
          X