Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

External Time Source Synchronization....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Time Source Synchronization....

This question has probably been posted a thousand times here, but ... Is anyone aware of a method for synchronizing time to an external time source (an atomic clock or LANDSAT GPS, for example)? I had thought that I had seen a document at one time on using NTP (Network Time Protocol) for time synch'ing to external time providers, but I haven't been able to find anything on it. Any help appreciated. Nick

I got a time sync program called ABOUTTIME fro a website called TUCOWS at www.tucows.com. This is a service that runs on a nt server. Steve

Comment

Nick, You can get time synchronization software from the time services are of the following site: http://www.nist.gov/public_affairs/l...dards_Services If you have a C compiler on your AS/400 this software can be converted. One place that converted it claimed that the conversion was fairly simple. If you would like more information on this, let me know and I will see if they would mind contacting you. David Morris

Comment

Nick, I have a java program that I wrote to synch your as/400 time to the USNO atomic clock time. Send me an email at agarrison@logtech.com if you would like the source. Alex Garrison

Comment

Working...
        X