Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retrive Data Queue Description (i.e. How many entries in queue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrive Data Queue Description (i.e. How many entries in queue)

Has anyone had any experience in writing a CL to see how many entries are in a Data Queue ? We have a *dtaq called ETEST in QGPL and it is used as a queue to hold information about reports to e-mail to users. We have a CL that monitors this queue for new entries and then takes that information and uses our e-mail program to send out the report. I would like to write a seperate CL to tell me how many entries are in this queue(and in a perfect world what the entries contain) at any given time...by me just typing in a command on the green screen. I have seen many examples of data queue manipulation on the IBM site and discussions here....but nothing that would seem to help me out. Any guidance or assistance would be appreciated greatly, Thanks. Jim Norbut

Jim, After calling the API QMHQRDQD (Retrieve DTAQ Description)you can define thefollowing lines: LENMSG: CHGVAR VAR(&MSGLEN) VALUE(%BIN(&RTNVAR 9 4)) /Message length LENKEY: CHGVAR VAR(&KEYLEN) VALUE(%BIN(&RTNVAR 13 4)) / Key data length NBRMSG: CHGVAR VAR(&NBRMSG) VALUE(%BIN(&RTNVAR 73 4)) / Number of nessages The &RTNVAR should be defines as *CHAR 80 The other variables should be defines as *DEC 5 0 Hope this answers your question. Regards, Carel Teijgeler

Comment

This can be done in CL ? I will have to see what I can write up and see if it works. If you have an example...that would be most appreciated. If not....I think I could give it a go. or is it an RPG program needed to be written. I am not verse in RPG...so if that's the case...I will have to forget it.

Comment

James, If you are interested I can send you a small number of commands dealing with DTAQs, among then a RTVDTAQD. Drop a line with your e-mail address and I send you a zipped SAVF on V3R2M0 owner QSYSOPR. Regards, Carel Teijgeler

Comment

That would be great. Thank you. jim.norbut@grubb-ellis.com

Comment

Working...
          X