RUNJVA command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUNJVA command

Brandon, I believe that is for each parameter passed. 256 bytes seems kind of wimpy. I haven't run into this limit, but I usually use qsh to run java programs. In that case you have a limit of 5000 total bytes. David Morris

RUNJVA command

David, Here's the command I'm currently tyring to run... /*------------------------------------------------------*/ /* Call JavaMail Api with user input */ /*------------------------------------------------------*/ JAVA CLASS(Send400Mail) PARM(&SMTPSVR &FROM + &TONUM &TOSTRING &CCNUM &CCSTRING &BCCNUM + &BCCSTRING &ATTNUM &ATTSTRING + &SUBJECT &BODY) As you can probably tell from the java call, I'm sending a number of to, cc, bcc, and attachments to the java pgm and having it parse out the individual to addressess from the &TOSTRING parm based on the &TONUM parm. I'm a little confused as to how the RUNJVA command is presenting the parameters to the Java class. Because I'm sending a parameter &TOSTRING which is 256 long. It sometimes ends up looking like 'BWAHL@PFGC.COM (alot of white space) ' and then another parameter. It may be that I'm just not doing this very well and there's a better way to pass these parameters to the java pgm. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Comment

RUNJVA command

Brandon, You might try passing only what is used with %sst. Are you front ending this with a command? If you are, you could specify that the parms are varying length in the command definition and only pass what is filled in. David Morris

Comment

RUNJVA command

Thanks David, That's what I needed to do.. works great now....

Comment

RUNJVA command

An alternative is to use a data queue to pass the parameters. Have your CL (RPG, whatever) write the parameters to a data queue, pass the name, length, key etc. of the data queue to Java and have Java fetch the real parameters from the data queue. Brandon Wahl wrote: > > can anyone tell me where I can find more information on this command? I looked > in information center... kind limited. I'm looking for information on the PRAM > piece... for V4R5 it says limit of 256 char.. is that for each parameter or > the whole pram parameter? I'm trying to make a call to a Modified Java Mail PI > and having some difficulties when I want to have multiple to's, cc's, cc's, > attachments, etc. I could be passing a great deal more than 256 in one shot.

Comment

RUNJVA command

can anyone tell me where I can find more information on this command? I looked in information center... kind limited. I'm looking for information on the PRAM piece... for V4R5 it says limit of 256 char.. is that for each parameter or the whole pram parameter? I'm trying to make a call to a Modified Java Mail PI and having some difficulties when I want to have multiple to's, cc's, cc's, attachments, etc. I could be passing a great deal more than 256 in one shot.

Comment

RUNJVA command

Just wanted to thank you for helping me solve my parameter problem, Brandon

Comment

Working...
              X