RUNJVA command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RUNJVA command

I probably should have given more detail.... This is the command I'm trying to run from a submitted cl... The problem is that when I try to access a file in the IFS that's not in my "Home" (/home/Brandon/) directory it get a file not found exception. RUNJVA CLASS(Send400Mail) PARM(&SMTPSVR &FROM + &TONUM &TOSTRING &CCNUM &CCSTRING &BCCNUM + &BCCSTRING &ATTNUM &ATTSTRING &SUBJECT + &BODY) + CLASSPATH('/Java/JavaMail/activation.jar:/J+ ava/JavaMail/mail.jar:/Java/JavaMail/') And this is the error I get when I try to access a file not in my home directory javax.mail.SendFailedException: Sending failed; nested exception is: javax.mail.MessagingException: IOException while sending message; nested exception is: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /qdls/elecrpts/instill.dat java/lang/Throwable.(Ljava/lang/StringV+4 (Throwable.java:81) javax/mail/MessagingException.(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Except javax/mail/SendFailedException.(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Excep javax/mail/Transport.send0(Ljavax/mail/Message;[Ljavax/mail/AddressV+5 javax/mail/Transport.send(Ljavax/mail/MessageV+9 (Transport.java:81) Send400Mail.main([Ljava/lang/StringV+804 (Send400Mail.java:189) Java program completed with exit code 1 Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to tell QSH where to look?

RUNJVA command

Brandon, I have not tried using QDLS files, but in general, Java is really picky about the case of file names. On my system QDLS appears to be all upper case. I have come to the conclusion that given a choice, all lower case is the way. David Morris

Comment

RUNJVA command

David, I swear I've tried just about every combination.... It doesn't seem to matter what case the path and filename are as long as I pull it from what QSH says is my home directory. I've even tried to run a QSH cd command to change my working directory to where the attachment is coming from before making my JAVA cmd call.... didn't work... although, that probably just means that I was dealing with two different contexts of QSH within my CL. Very frustrating.... I think my next step is to blow away my home directory (/home/Brandon) and see what happens.... I just wish there was more info out there concerning JAVA and QSH ... info center is just not getting it for this Java newbie. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question... I'll keep plugging away at it. Brandon

Comment

RUNJVA command

For some reason I can send an attachment from QSYS.lib or any directory off of root that I have authority to, except for QDLS. Guess I'll just have to deal with that. I'm sure there's a rule somewhere.... just couldn't find it in any documentation..

Comment

RUNJVA command

when I try to send an attachment via javamail api I can only seem to get it to find it if it's in my home directory ( /home/Brandon/ ). Is there a way to get it to see it anywhere on the IFS? do I add a path property to the runjva command? If so, does anyone know the syntax? Thanks in Advance, Brandon

Comment

RUNJVA command

I've had problems with email attachments & QDLS too. Except mine are the reverse. I can only send emails from QDLS. I use the SNDDST CL command which expects a doument name under the QDLS folder. I recently created a PF to CSV file conversion utility in RPG that creates/writes to a stream file in the IFS but it doesn't seem to work in folders under QDLS. So my kludgy work-around was to create the file in a "/Reports" folder under the root of the IFS and then copy it via CPY command to a mail folder under QDLS to email it. This probably belongs in the RPG section of the forums but I put it here since it was sort of related. Maybe someone will see this in the all messages view.

Comment

Working...
            X