RNX0112 - Need Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNX0112 - Need Assistance

Derek, You need to indicate the format of the date in the numeric field in your MOVE: C *USA Move CLExDt SLExpDt Are you specifying *USA on your Test(d) statement? I think by default, a date format in a numeric field is assumed to be *ISO and '20' is not a valid month of course. Chris

Dear Chris, I thought the *USA was when you are moving Dates to Numerics or Characters. Is this not true?

Comment

Derek, It works both directions. When moving from a numeric or character field, you need to specify the date format of the "from" field (unless it is the program default format which is typically *ISO). If the "from" field is character, you may need to specify the date separator as well. And when moving from a native date field to a numeric or character field, you need to specify the desired date format of the "to" field (unless it is the program default format which is typically *ISO). If the "to" field is character, you may need to specify the date separator as well. On your Test(d), which date format did you specify for your numeric screen field? Based on your example, it needs to be *USA. Chris

Comment

To whom it may concern: I am building a new applcation and I am having problems. In my PF, I have a date data type defined. I did not use any keywords, so I think it has *ISO by default. Now, in my DSPF, I have a 8 digit field A CLEXDT 8D 0B 22 60 A 05 ERRMSG('Date Not Valid' 05) and I am checking it with the TEST(D) command. 05 does not come on so I know it is valid. Then, when I try the next C When not %found C If CLExDt > *zeros C Move CLExDt SLExpDt C Write ASL05 C Endif * C EndSl BLOWS UP! What's wrong? Below is a dump of what the values are. I would appreciate anyone that can assist me and teach me more about date data types. Thanks in advance. DUMP SLEXPDT DATE(10) '0001-01-01' CLEXDT PACKED(8,0) 03152002. the SL Field is in the File the CLExDt is on the screen.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X