E-Mail - AS/400 and PC - help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Mail - AS/400 and PC - help me

Hi, Check out News/400 from September 1998. There is a utility in that issue to send emails from the AS/400 in an RPG program using the QtmmSendMail api. Liam.

Check the June 2000 issue of Midrange Computing. It has an article titled "Easily Distribute AS/400 Reports with Microsoft Exchange. There is important information in the article regarding the AS/400 configurations necessary to support e-mail and there is even a test command included so you know that you have everything configured correctly. This is how we configured ours and we have been operating this way flawlessly for over a year.

Comment

The main can be sent easily from SNDDST command. A CL program can be created which picks the email id from a file and then send a mail to the destined user. If u need a sample of the code, i can send u later. Just remind me for that. Regards, Roy

Comment

Here's the URL to Mike Faust's MC article entitled "Easily Distribute AS/400 Reports with Microsoft Exchange." Mike Faust "Easily Distribute AS/400 Reports with Microsoft Exchange" 6/1/00 12:01am

Comment

Dear to everyone, I need an help to resolve my problem. I would like to send email from my AS/400 but I do not know how. My system is configured as follow: AS/400 o.s. V4R4M0 PC windows 2000 Both PC and AS/400 are connected by ethernet. PC has OUTLOOK XP. PC is the only one who has connection to the outside network by a modem. Thanks indeed to everyone who try or completely resolve the above problem. Best Regards, Alex

Comment

and thanks again..

Comment

Working...
            X