CL Differences in Batch vs. Interactive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL Differences in Batch vs. Interactive

I have a character string of 256 that I am passing from one CL to another. When I run the job interactively the string remains the same. But when I use it in Batch it changes it. I have dumped the cl and the variable is not changed before sending it to the second cl. Example: Before ----- &QRYSLT *CHAR 256 'MKTCOD = "TMGR" *AND CUST' +26 ' = 08680 ' +51 ' ' +76 ' ' +101 ' ' +126 ' ' +151 ' ' +176 ' ' +201 ' ' +226 ' ' +251 ' ' After ------ &QRYSLT *CHAR 256 'MKTCOD = "TMGR" *AND CUST' +26 ' = 08680 AND CUST = 08680' +51 '» ' +76 ' '

Hazen, this issue has been discussed a zillion times. But, to make a long story short, create a command to match the parameters required by the cl program and submit the command instead. HTH

Comment

Better yet, write the CPP for the command in REXX. OS doesn't jack you around when the Command PRocessing PRogram is written in REXX. IMNSHO bobh

Comment

The first place to start would be the "Operations Navigator" that comes with CA/400. It will do all you asked and more. Dave

Comment

Thanks David. It does.

Comment

Working...
          X