Printing to Adobe Distiller "printer" from AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing to Adobe Distiller "printer" from AS400

I should point out that the Adobe PDF report is to replace paper reports were previously prepared using printed output from the AS400. I want to use the same formatted output that was used for the printed paper output for the PDF file.

I am creating a document using Adobe 5.0. Most of the reports I'm merging are prepared in Windows programs, however, several large sections come from our AS/400. I've set up the Adobe Distiller printer using Client Access, and have mixed results. If I do a simple print screen, no problem - the file is created. However, printing to the "adobe printer" I created causes problems, which I believe are the result of text being interpreted as PostScript commands, according to the Adobe error log. This method - if it works - would save me much time. Has anyone done this before? Are there any PostScript printers listed in the Printer Emulation Setup? Can I add a PostScript printer? If so, how? Thanks in advance... Dave Leonard

Comment

I've solved my own problem. The solution was to uncheck the "Transform Print Data to ASCII on AS/400 option", making printer choice a moot point.

Comment

Working...
      X