Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I CANNOT COPY FROM AS/400 NETWORK DRIVE (QDLS) USING CA400 WITH TCP/IP CONNECTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I CANNOT COPY FROM AS/400 NETWORK DRIVE (QDLS) USING CA400 WITH TCP/IP CONNECTION

Description of the network: Central Site: - Ethernet 10/100 MB using Switch Cisco Catalyst Ethernet 10/100 MB, AS/400 V4R5M0, PC Win98 with Ethernet 10/100 MB and CA400 V3R2M0, Windows 2000 Server with Ethernet 10/100 MB; - Router: Motorola 6455, Ethernet 10/100 MB, E1 card (2 MB channelised) for connection with a remote router using frame relay; - TCP/IP for connection PC to AS/400: OK connection, OK PC5250 emulation, OK copy file from or to AS/400 network drive (QDLS mapped using map network drive from network neighborhood,) without limit for the size of file; Remote site: - Ethernet 10/100 MB using Switch Cisco Catalyst, PC WIN98 with Ethernet 10/100 MB and CA/400 V3R2M0, Windows 2000 with Ethernet 10/100 MB and CA/400 Express; - Router: Motorola 6420, Ethernet 10 MB, X21 interface, 64k leased line (1 channel reserved on E1 card on central router); - TCP/IP for connection PC to AS/400: OK connection, OK PC5250 emulation, NOT OK copy file from or to AS/400 network drive; Description of the problem: From remote site I cannot copy file with size more than aprox. 150K from or to AS/400 network drive using windows explorer or other utilities (Norton Commander, FAR, MsDos prompt copy...). If I try to start the copy, after few seconds the status of task is not responding even the connection is OK including emulation PC5250 which is active or ping command or FTP. If I try to end task, the PC will down with blue screen. I tested copy file with different size and the maximum with succes was aprox 150k but sometimes I have "not responding task" for less than 150K but never for very small file (< 20K) and that is the reason why signon session still active (the size of screens exchanged between ASA/400 and PC is aprox. 2K). Sometimes when I restarted the PC, I saw that big file was copied even the message was not responding and the PC was blocked but in most cases the size of file was 0 kb which means was not copied because the task was down. I installed Express Client on Windows 2000 Server Remote Site and the results was the same: I have connection, I have active PC5250 session but I cannot copy big files (to or from AS/400 network drive. Sound stupid because I cannot say that 200 K it's a big file. On Windows 2000 the difference is that server still to work even the task has status not responding because he know to manage these type of crashes. I tested remotelly copy from AS/400 using FTP command and everything was OK for any size of file. I tested remotelly copy using windows explorer and the same connection between routers, from Win2000 Server Central Site to Win2000 Server Remote Site and results was OK for any size, that means I think the configurations of routers are OK. I hope it will be somebody which know how to solve this problem because I tested a lot of thinks an my brain is down now. Thank's for your attention, Dan

I CANNOT COPY FROM AS/400 NETWORK DRIVE (QDLS) USING CA400 WITH TCP/IP CONNECTION

Dan, I would recommend you update to Client Access Express V4R5 with the latest Cum/Service Pack. Bill > Central Site: > - Ethernet 10/100 MB using Switch Cisco Catalyst Ethernet 10/100 MB, AS/400 V4R5M0, PC Win98 with Ethernet 10/100 MB and CA400 V3R2M0, Windows 2000 Server with Ethernet 10/100 MB; > > Remote site: > - Ethernet 10/100 MB using Switch Cisco Catalyst, PC WIN98 with Ethernet 10/100 MB and CA/400 V3R2M0, Windows 2000 with Ethernet 10/100 MB and CA/400 Express;

Comment

Description of the network: Central Site: - Ethernet 10/100 MB using Switch Cisco Catalyst Ethernet 10/100 MB, AS/400 V4R5M0, PC Win98 with Ethernet 10/100 MB and CA400 V3R2M0, Windows 2000 Server with Ethernet 10/100 MB; - Router: Motorola 6455, Ethernet 10/100 MB, E1 card (2 MB channelised) for connection with a remote router using frame relay; - TCP/IP for connection PC to AS/400: OK connection, OK PC5250 emulation, OK copy file from or to AS/400 network drive (QDLS mapped using map network drive from network neighborhood,) without limit for the size of file; Remote site: - Ethernet 10/100 MB using Switch Cisco Catalyst, PC WIN98 with Ethernet 10/100 MB and CA/400 V3R2M0, Windows 2000 with Ethernet 10/100 MB and CA/400 Express; - Router: Motorola 6420, Ethernet 10 MB, X21 interface, 64k leased line (1 channel reserved on E1 card on central router); - TCP/IP for connection PC to AS/400: OK connection, OK PC5250 emulation, NOT OK copy file from or to AS/400 network drive; Description of the problem: From remote site I cannot copy file with size more than aprox. 150K from or to AS/400 network drive using windows explorer or other utilities (Norton Commander, FAR, MsDos prompt copy...). If I try to start the copy, after few seconds the status of task is not responding even the connection is OK including emulation PC5250 which is active or ping command or FTP. If I try to end task, the PC will down with blue screen. I tested copy file with different size and the maximum with succes was aprox 150k but sometimes I have "not responding task" for less than 150K but never for very small file (< 20K) and that is the reason why signon session still active (the size of screens exchanged between AS/400 and PC is aprox. 2K). Sometimes when I restarted the PC, I saw that big file was copied even the message was not responding and the PC was blocked but in most cases the size of file was 0 kb which means was not copied because the task was down. I installed Express Client on Windows 2000 Server Remote Site and the results was the same: I have connection, I have active PC5250 session but I cannot copy big files (to or from AS/400 network drive. Sound stupid because I cannot say that 200 K it's a big file. On Windows 2000 the difference is that server still to work even the task has status not responding because he know to manage these type of crashes. I tested remotelly copy from AS/400 using FTP command and everything was OK for any size of file. I tested remotelly copy using windows explorer and the same connection between routers, from Win2000 Server Central Site to Win2000 Server Remote Site and results was OK for any size, that means I think the configurations of routers are OK. I hope it will be somebody which know how to solve this problem because I tested a lot of thinks an my brain is down now. Thank's for your attention, Dan

Comment

Hi, I solved the problem without any changes. A parameter in modem for leased line 64k was changed by our provider and everything it's ok now. It's something about supervising the interface of modem which has 3 values : ON, OFF or END TO END. Initial was ON and now is END TO END. I haven't from them a very good explaination why now the transfer work whitout crash, maybe you know why. Thank you for your attention and Merry Christmas, Dan

Comment

Working...
        X