Alternative to AnyNet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to AnyNet

Hello Tracy, As you know AnyNet is IBM's solution to allow SNA to be encapsulated within an IP Packet. IBM's direction from what I understand by attending Common and other Technical Conference's is to put robust functions in Client Access Express (Native IP). If it were me, I would make it known to the right people in your company that you need to be moving to other methods so you don't wind up with no support. Start installing CA Express now, and start testing it in your environment. V5R1 has proven that some of the functions that used to be in a Green Screen have already moved to Client Access Express, and it will continue to move that way. Performance Monitoring is a good example. Most of those functions are accessed via CA Express for V5R1, and the command line interfaces are gone. Good Luck, Keith

Alternative to AnyNet

We recently moved to V4R5. We are also using Client Access for NT because a mission critical function/program requires an AnyNet connection. In addition we also have a "green screen" connection via straight TCP/IP set up on these same PCs. I believe this is the last OS/400 version to support CA for NT, so we will need to move to CA Express soon. What are the alternatives to AnyNet since we will still need this connection but Express doesn't support it?

Comment

Alternative to AnyNet

Thanks, I have already put up the alarms and am doing some research. When you say the command line interfaces are gone, do you mean that we need to start using Operations Navigator instead?

Comment

Working...
      X