Binding CLLE and RPGLE modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binding CLLE and RPGLE modules

Okay, I thought I had a clue about this stuff, but I guess I don't! I've successfully bound some RPGLE modules and did the CRTPGM deal. Now I've tried to bind a CLLE module into the mix and I have a problem. The way I got my CLLE was to just change the Source type from CLP to CLLE. I took option #15 and created a module. I created my RPGLE modules. I then did a CRTPGM and entered 4 modules to the mix: CLLE *module RPGLE *module RPGLE *module PRGLE *module The programs was created. The CLLE is called first and then that calls the first RPGLE. That RPGLE calls the other two *modules with CALLB. It bombs on the first Call in the CLLE *module. Is there a similar CALLB in CLLE? I am assuming that the CL has stayed the same. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance as usual. Mike 
    href="mhaston@scottgas.com">Mike Haston@Scott Specialty Gases

Hi Mike, If your CLLE means to call RPGLE procedures, you need to code CALLPRC rather than CALL. A straight CALL will attempt to call a program dynamically.
    On Thursday, January 14, 1999, 07:29 PM, Mike Haston wrote:
     Okay, I thought I had a clue about this stuff, but I guess I don't! I've successfully bound some RPGLE modules and did the CRTPGM deal. Now I've tried to bind a CLLE module into the mix and I have a problem. The way I got my CLLE was to just change the Source type from CLP to CLLE. I took option #15 and created a module. I created my RPGLE modules. I then did a CRTPGM and entered 4 modules to the mix: CLLE *module RPGLE *module RPGLE *module PRGLE *module The programs was created. The CLLE is called first and then that calls the first RPGLE. That RPGLE calls the other two *modules with CALLB. It bombs on the first Call in the CLLE *module. Is there a similar CALLB in CLLE? I am assuming that the CL has stayed the same. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance as usual. Mike 
    href="mhaston@scottgas.com">Mike Haston@Scott Specialty Gases

Comment

Mike, A bound call in CL is done with the CALLPRC command. This is equivilent to the RPG CALLB opcode. So I guess changing the CALL to a CALLPRC in your CLLE module should fix the problem. Derek color="#000099">On Thursday, January 14, 1999, 07:29 PM, Mike Haston wrote: Okay, I thought I had a clue about this stuff, but I guess I don't! I've successfully bound some RPGLE modules and did the CRTPGM deal. Now I've tried to bind a CLLE module into the mix and I have a problem. The way I got my CLLE was to just change the Source type from CLP to CLLE. I took option #15 and created a module. I created my RPGLE modules. I then did a CRTPGM and entered 4 modules to the mix:
      CLLE *module RPGLE *module RPGLE *module RPGLE *module 
      The programs was created. The CLLE is called first and then that calls the first RPGLE. That RPGLE calls the other two *modules with CALLB. It bombs on the first Call in the CLLE *module. Is there a similar CALLB in CLLE? I am assuming that the CL has stayed the same. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance as usual. Mike

Comment

Thanks guys. Worked like a charm. It didn't make the difference I was looking for as far as executing my interactive program, but it's not making a ton of calls either.

Comment

Working...
        X